Residents in Killaloe are now being told how they can run for Municipal or School Board Council this year.

The nomination period begins on May 1st and will run until July 27th. To be eligible to run, you must be a Canadian citizen, at least 18-years-old, reside in the township and not be prohibited from voting by law.

For 2018, residents in Killaloe, Hagarty and Richards will be able to mail their vote in for Municipal Elections. This was passed by a township by-law last November, and mailing kits will be mailed in September.