Listen Live
HomeNews2016 EQAO Results For Renfrew County

2016 EQAO Results For Renfrew County

- Advertisement -

The Renfrew County District School Board’s 2016 EQAO testing results have come in.

In the Renfrew County District School Board, 72% of grade nine academic math students met the provincial standard, while just 42% of applied math students met the standard.

In grade six, 81% of students met the provincial standard in reading, 73% in writing, and just 46% in math.

In the third grade, 74% met the provincial standard in reading, 73% in writing, and 65% in math.

- Advertisement -

Most of these results are within two percent of the provincial average for EQAO testing.

As for the Renfrew County Catholic District School Board, most results are above provincial average.

The catholic board had 90% of their grade nine students meet provincial standard in the academic stream in math, and 72% in the applied course.

Grade six students surpassed the provincial averages as well, with 89% meeting the provincial standard in reading. Meanwhile, 88% were above the standard in writing, and 59% in math.

In the third grade, 82% met the provincial standard in reading, 85% in writing, and 76% in math.

Director of Education for the catholic board Michele Arbour says she’s pleased that their students have consistently outscored the provincial average.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading