The Madawaska Valley Fire Department responded to three calls in three days, on Fire Prevention Week in Ontario no less.

Chief Corwin Quade says firefighters responded to an electrical fire at St. John Bosco School in Barry’s Bay yesterday.

He says staff at the school did an excellent job evacuating it, which made it much easier to contain the fire, which was caused by a heater.

Quade says firefighters were also called to a tractor fire and structure fire on October 12th, making it a busy week for the department.

The local fire department is asking residents to check smoke alarms, clusters of power cords, have a plan for evacuating their home in case of an emergency and to invest in a fire extinguisher.