2020 Summer Company Program Winners Announced
Renfrew County Crest on the County Offices (Photo Credit: Trevor Smith-Millar)
The newest students have been selected in Renfrew County’s Summer Company Program.
Six students across the Ottawa Valley were successful in earning a Summer Company Award to run their own business. The program is run by the Ontario Ministry of Economic Development and is for students aged 15-29.
The winners this year were:
– Casey Asseline of Chorally Creative in McNab/Braeside, who creates special order crochet blankets and smaller items.
– Keanna MacKinnon of Valley Grocery Delivery in Laurentian Valley, a contactless grocery delivery system.
– Mason Godin of Mason’s Lawn Care in Pembroke, who does lawn cutting, raking and weeding for gardens.
– Maiya Dalton of Maiya D Apparel in Laurentian Valley, keeping clothes out of the landfill and giving used clothing a second chance.
– Ryan Lapping of Lapping Lawn Care in Deep river, which provides lawn maintenance and will haul away debris.
– Issac Young of Backyard Builder in Arnprior, which makes high quality, handcraft wooden pieces for homeowners.
The program has seen a total of 141 winners in Renfrew County. They call the program a worthwhile training program for students who want to build their own business. Links to more information on these businesses can be found on the Enterprise Renfrew County Website.