Listen Live
HomeNewsLocal Student Looks to Promote Madawaska Valley to Asia

Local Student Looks to Promote Madawaska Valley to Asia

- Advertisement -

A Madawaska Valley District High school Student is looking to promote the community and county overseas.

Sean McCloskey, Grade 12, from MVDHS is participating in a group of young ambassadors heading to Hong Kong, Singapore and Malaysia as part of Global Vision. The Non Profit Charity showcases Canadian industry using Canadian youth. The organization brings them to partners all over the world, but the group in recent years has been focusing on Asia. Young people use the opportunity to explain to industry leaders why they should invest in Canada. It also serves as an opportunity to showcase their home town businesses to the world.

McCloskey is one of 30 students that was selected to go out of a pool of over 700 candidates. He is looking for sponsorship from local businesses. He says that in exchange for sponsorship, he would promote Madawaska Valley and Renfrew County businesses to Asian investors. He said it is perfect for industries like tourism. In addition, McCloskey would like to exhibit advances with education in Ontario he has seen as a student school-board trustee.

McCloskey is setting up a number of sponsors to help pay for the trip. He says anyone who donates will receive a charitable receipt. He also has a GoFundMe set up as well. If all goes well, McCloskey will leave for Hong Kong July 29th and return August 14th.

- Advertisement -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisment -
- Advertisement -

Continue Reading