Catch the Ace Fundraiser Starts on Friday
Try your luck and catch the ace of spades.
Erin Gienow, Donor Relations Coordinator for the St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation says they are launching their newest fundraiser on Friday. She says that the Catch the Ace progressive raffle lottery has been very successful in Deep River which is why they decided to give it a shot for the first time.
Gienow says tickets will start to sell as of this Friday. For the occasion, she’ll even be set up at Metro in Barry’s Bay from 10:00 AM to 2:00 PM to jump start ticket sales.
As a fundraiser, she says that it’s a way to engage the entire community, and that it’s exciting to see if the ace of spades has been found. “What’s really nice is that the proceeds will stay local” and adds that the money raised will go towards the redevelopment of Valley Manor.
She says that a weekly draw will take place at the Ashgrove Inn every Thursday afternoon at 4:00 PM. The first draw is on Thursday, April 18th and everyone is welcomed to attend. If you can’t make it, she says that a recording of the draw will be made available on the foundation’s Facebook page. For more information, visit the St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation’s website by clicking here or call 613-756-3045 extension 247.
Tickets can be purchased for $5 (cash only) at the following stores as of April 12th, 2019:
– Round Lake Centre Food Market
– AJ’s Convenience
– Killaloe Hardware
– Wilno Building Supply
– Charlie D’s
– Barry’s Bay ESSO
– Lorraine’s Pharmasave
– St. Francis Valley Healthcare Foundation
– Valley Manor (Tuesday’s 11AM-2PM)
– CO Country Market
-Algonquin Bound Outfitters (Madawaska)
How it works: Catch the Ace is a progressive raffle lottery where 52 playing cards are placed in individual, numbered, envelopes which are then sealed. Someone can then purchase a ticket for $5 and pre-select a number between 1 and 52, which will indicate the number of the envelope where the buyer thinks the ace of spades is in. If your ticket is pulled out during the weekly draw, you automatically win 20% of the money raised by ticket sales that week. If the number you chose corresponds to the envelope with the ace of spades in it, you win an additional 30% of the money raised by ticket sales (bringing the total to 50%) and the lottery is over. If not, you go home with 20% of the earnings and the other 30% keeps on growing (progressive jackpot) until someone catches the ace.