Firearms and drugs were seized by Upper Ottawa Valley OPP after a raid in Petawawa.
After getting a search warrant, they seized a pistol, long guns, various drugs, drug paraphernalia, ammunition, power tools, jewellery and building supplies from a residence and vehicle on Gerald Avenue.
A 33 year old male and 30 year old female, both from Petawawa, were arrested are being charged with:
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – cocaine
- Possession of a schedule I substance for the purpose of trafficking – methamphetamine
- Possession of a schedule II substance for the purpose of trafficking under 3kg – marihuana
- Possession of a weapon for a dangerous purpose
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm – three counts
- Unauthorized possession of a firearm in a motor vehicle – two counts
- Unauthorized possession of a weapon – two counts
- Possession of property obtained by crime under $5,000
The search warrant was carried out by members of the Upper Ottawa Valley OPP Crime Unit, Tactics and Rescue Unit and Community Street Crime Unit.
The female was released on a promise to appear in court in November. The male is being held until his bail hearing later this month.